Email me at allisonlovespink77@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The numbers don't lie

As part of the Big Looser Community, our registration fee included a Bod Pod assessment at the Gateway to Wellness at inter mountain health care.  I went and got my first assessment done on Feb 2, 2002 And then today Apr 10, 2012 I went and got my follow up assessment.  The numbers are very interesting. 

02-02-2012

% fat 50.7
Fat weight 130.21 (pure fat)
Fat free weight 126.71 (organs, muscle, fluid)
Body Weight 256.93

TODAY 04-10-2012

% fat 46.4
Fat Weight 110.29
Fat free weight 127.17
body weight 237.4

So what does all that mean?  The most exciting number is the fat weight!  I literally lost 20 pounds of pure fat!!! Wahoo!  I'm so excited about that!!!

My trainer told us to eat our RMR (resting metabolic rate) in calories everyday.  This number is the number of calories your body uses to just live.  Mine in February was 1722 so I have been trying to eat that many calories a day.  Today mine is 1690 so that is good!  The lower your number the healthier you are.  So now I will start to eat 1690 a day.  When it comes to weight loss, if you want to loose weight you actually have to eat! This is a weird concept for me!  If you don't eat then your body will hang on to the fat you have and thing you are trying to starve.  WE DO NOT WANT THAT!!!  So eating good healthy, balanced meals is the only way to go!  I was hoping my % of body fat would come down more.  It did come down 4.2 and according to the gateway to wellness this is good.  It's coming down and that's all that matters.  I'll take it!  I love getting these assessments done.  it really helps me to see in a number what my body is doing.  It's only $40.00 to get it done and I feel it's totally worth it.  If you really want to know, I'd check in your area for a place to get this done.  I'm going to continue getting them done every few months along my weight loss journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment