Email me at allisonlovespink77@gmail.com

Friday, April 27, 2012

It's not HORMONES!!! Or is it???

 These images say it all!!!

So every time I am pregnant I am a total beast to almost everyone I come in contact with!  After my third baby was born I decided this pregnancy things is for the birds and I quit!  It felt so great to take the control in my heads and decide I'm done!  All my life (since puberty of course) I had horrible periods!  I didn't really know they were all that bad because it's all I knew.  I never complained about the pain or the "flow".  I just dealt with it.  It seemed normal to me.  Since I didn't know any better!  I dealt with it and dealt with it.  Whatever we all do it!  Well us ladies anyway!!!

Well fast forward to November 2008.... I had my third baby on July 1, 2008.  I had a harder time getting pregnant with him than my other two kids.  In fact I had no issues at all getting pregnant with my first two.  A year before my last pregnancy I got pregnant.  That one ended in a miscarriage at about 8 weeks or so.  I was bummed but to be honest I wasn't ready to be pregnant and I think my heart and mind knew it was n;t a good time.  I think I needed to go through that experience though.  I was happy with just two kids and was pretty sure I was done after number two.  Well after the miscarriage I KNEW FOR A FACT I NEEDED AND WANTED another baby!  After the miscarriage I had lots of problems.  My period was not happening.  I was worried.  After several months I went to the doctor and he gave me a few little pills that I took and then after that my period came.  The next month I was pregnant!  Wahoo!


After baby boy number three was born I knew I was done.  Since I have c-sections  I had my tubes tied during the birth of by baby.  Perfect!  Well after a few months I decided that if I was not going to have any more babies I wanted to have my uterus removed so I would no longer have periods.  I mean come on....if I'm not going to get pregnant why in the world would I want to have a period!!!  So I had a bunch of test done.  Unfortunately doctors can't just remove organs and body parts without a reason to do so.  I had an awesome doctor who totally understood where I was coming from.  So I had the tests and found out that I had a pretty bad case of endometriosis.  I had it on the outside and the inside of my uterus.  So lucky for me that was reason enough to do the surgery.
Well, ever since having it removed I have had crazy hormones.  Is it because of the removal of my uterus or is it my age (35) or what in the world is it!!!  Every month I go through some major hormonal times.  Seriously mood swings is not even the word for it!  I need to start tracking it.  I'm a crazy person!  What is the deal!!! 

Well my husband is ALWAYS telling me I have a hormone imbalance! I HATE when he says this.  How does he know.  He's not a doctor!  He loves to diagnose me with things.  It gets old!  I am sure he's just trying to figure out why in the world would I hate him and want to divorce him at a certain time every month!  He's perfect according to him and there should be no reason why I would be upset with him other than my hormones!  It's always the damn hormones!!!  He's a man!  How would he know!!  Makes me soooooo mad!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Allison!

    I think your husband is right.. If you look up Endometriosis it tells you it can be caused from a hormone imbalance and the remedy for that is diet. Hormone imbalances can cause you to gain weight and also prevent you from taking it off. I learned this the hard way as well. It seems everything is connected to your diet and what you are eating. I have to stay away from things that have hormones in them and estrogen because it makes my illness flare up and hormones go out of wack. I had irregular periods and terrible cramps when I was younger and it is all related to hormones as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my opinion and I'm not medical professional so I could be way off. From what I've heard if you still have your ovaries, which I'm sure you probably do because you aren't on estrogen, then your body still goes through the ups and downs of the hormones associated with your period, you just aren't have the actually awesomeness of bleeding. I think you might be hormonal but being a mom is plenty stressful, unfortunately I have moments where I "snap" too. I think part of it is normal. Might I suggest a time out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you had your hormone levels checked by a professional ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably get them checked but I really don't want to be on a medication either. I wonder what herbs there are for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go get them checked and see what they say. Then you can go to an Herbalist.

    ReplyDelete