Email me at allisonlovespink77@gmail.com

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Starting to run v e r y s l o w l y


Ever since February 2, 2012 When I started on my weight loss journey, I have been fearful of running!  My whole life I have hated to run.  I now know it's all about brain power!  I never had a desire to run and so when ever I was asked to run I hated to do it and would get around it some how if at all possible.  In some of the classes I take at the gym, we run in between circuits.  I do manage to make it once around the track most of the time in the minute we are given before we need to be back to the next circuit station. 

Yesterday I had a personal training session with my trainer.  We each won one!  It was a great prize!  I paid for one earlier on and it was worth every penny.    Well yesterday this one was free.  I love free!  It was great!  I have been wanting to run more and learn how to love it!  So we worked on the treadmill.  She had me walk at 3.0 for two minutes and then run at 6.0 for one minute.  We did this for 30 minutes.

One thing I finally learned is that I am getting the brain power and determination!  I am seeing the benefits of running!  In the 30 minutes of this interval training I burned as many calories as I do when I walk 3 miles in a hour!  It was awesome!!!

So today I went out to my home treadmill and did the same thing!  It was harder not having my trainer by my side to cheer me on but I did it!  

I have also seen a change in myself!  I noticed it yesterday with my trainer and so did she.  For some reason when I am working out or running or jogging or whatever.....I will stop a few seconds early on everything!  It's like my brain doesn't want to do what it's supposed to do or has been asked to do.  If I am asked to run for one minute, I will automatically stop at 57 seconds or so.  I HATE that I do this!  It makes me so mad!  I'm cheating myself!  I have been working on not stopping early. I have been working on this for a couple weeks.  The first time I did this was with the 9K and I totally let myself down and felt horrible!  I never wanted that feeling again. Well NOW I don't do that!  I go until the time is up and maybe a second or two past just to do it!  I feels so good!  I now will set a goal for myself with every workout.  Now when I get done working out I know that I did my absolute best and I didn't let myself down.  It's a great feeling!

My trainer also recommend a book for me to read.  It's my Jillian Michaels and it's called Master Your Metabolism.  I am totally going to get this book!  She also asked me to write five things on sticky notes and stick them on my bathroom mirror.  Here are mine,

1- I am strong

2- I can do anything

3- I am loved

4- Don't you quit

5- I am 130 pounds ( my goal weight)

It really does help to have these reminders!

Someday I hope to be able to run at a 6.0 or faster for longer than a minute!  I will keep working on it and slowly but surly I'm going to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment