Email me at allisonlovespink77@gmail.com

Friday, May 11, 2012

I took my Prozac today!



So the other day I went to the doctor.  I thought in order to get my hormone checked I needed to go to an OBGYN.  So I found one and went.  It was not a good experience!  I waited for about 40 minutes and then was back in the room for about 5 minutes and that included the vaginal exam!  Now I'm not sure why I had to get a vaginal exam since I don't have a uterus or a cervix but OK.....Then he asked me what I'm here for and I said, Well I want to get my hormones tested.  I feel like I'm going crazy!  He said OK lets get some blood work and I'll see you back in THREE weeks to talk about it!!!  THREE week!  Seriously?!?!?!  I could kill a person by then!  So then I had to go to the hospital to get the blood work done.  

Later that day I was talking to my nurse cousin and she was like what are they testing you for that takes three weeks?  So I called the lab and they already had my results!  That was 1 day later!  Not THREE weeks!  So I called my family doctor and got an appointment for the next today to have him go over my results rather than waiting so long to go back to the OB.  I really like our family doctor so far.  He's seen my kids once and now me and so far so good.  

Well.......get this!  ALL of my hormone levels are normal!  So I guess it's OK to freak out at people and want to divorce your husband every other week   Yeah that's normal right???  Well after lots of questions we came to the conclusion I have PMDD.  That is Premenstrual dysphoric disorder!


Might be an easy diagnosis but I'll take it if there is something I can do to help it!  So I was put back on Prozac.  I was on it for awhile and went off it about 7 months or so ago.  Thinking I can handle life without it but apparently I can't!  So welcome back happy pill!!!  I welcome you!

So today was my second day on it and I'm actually already feeling a little better.  I also started taking DHEA.  It's a natural products that helps with mood and lots of other good things so I figured why not!  I sure hope it works!  

Today I actually have been pretty pleasant to be around!  My and my husband actually worked on putting laundry way together and I didn't kill him and I wasn't ever even mean! Wahoo!

Here's to drugs!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alli I love you....thanks for the laugh tonight!!

    ReplyDelete