Email me at allisonlovespink77@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

9k Race Day

February 25th we had a 9k race!  This was 23 days after the first day of the contest!

So when this Big Loser Community thing started, I was literally not doing anything healthy!  The only working out I did was cleaning my house!  So day one we show up at the gym!  I had no idea what I was getting my self into.  These workouts are HARD!  It's not like we are just walking the track!  We are sweating our guts off!  It was VERY hard at first!  When I say at first I mean the whole 9 weeks of the competition! 

When I signed up for this I had no idea we would be running a race!  And since I just happened to pick the most hard core trainer available, we got to run the 9K and not the 5K like most the other teams!

So here is how the race went......We show up at the crack of dawn, freeze our butts off waiting for it to start.  We line up at the starting line.  We here GO!  Everyone starts to run........everyone but me!  I walked the whole thing.  In fact, I was so far behind the rest of the group that I got lost and ended up taking a short cut.  I didn't know it was a short cut.  I finished the race very slowly even for walking.  Most of my team ran the whole thing!  When it was all over I felt bummed!  I was bummed that I took a short cut, I was bummed I didn't run any of it!  I totally let myself down.  but since I'm a happy go lucky person I didn't let it show that I was disappointed. It was still a fun day and it was fun to be with my team and it was still exercise.  

A few days later, my trainer asked me if I'd like to purchase a personal training session with her.  I said yes!  I had no idea what was in store for me.  I met her at the WCCC (Washington County Community Center) on Saturday.  I then followed her in her car as we drove and drove, what seemed like awhile...then I started to realize we were in the same area as the 9K race the week before.  AH CRAP!  She was going to have me do it again!!!

This time the 9K was AMAZING!!!  I had my trainer right by my side.  I would run fast and then walk and then run and walk.  It felt so good!  We had some very good pep talks along the way!  She is an amazing person!  I felt so great after.  Honestly after being home for a little while I really felt like I could go run it again! It was the best feeling I have had! 

The best thing that has come out of this process for me is, the feeling I get after I am done working out!  I feel great! I'm not sore anymore!  My body is realizing this is the new normal!  I sleep great!  I no longer take any medication.  I was taking Excedrin EVERY morning to wake up, I was taking a sleeping pill EVERY night to go to sleep!  I was also on an anxiety and depression medication.  I am medication free! I'm so happy!  This last 10 weeks has been amazing!  I'm loving my new lifestyle!!!

A couple things I have learned along the way.......
1- Water is my friend 
2- Sugar is the devil

3 comments:

  1. Is one of these ladies your trainer? Keep up the good work, you have lots of people who love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two ladies are my friends. My trainer is the one in the middle of the pic on my first post! She is amazing and totally my hero! Love you to! Miss the good ol days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison I am so proud of you. Working out is tough. During my busy winter season I stopped running and working out and now just getting back into to it and boy it's soooooo tough getting back to it. Don't stop! Keep it moving! Your an amazing person and don't forget about that.

    ReplyDelete